Peter L. Hearn Sr.
Conway, South Carolina phone: (843) 248-3172
fax: (843) 248-4911
Peter L. "Pete" Hearn, Sr., was born in Charlotte, NC in 1954, the son of George and Martha Hearn. He attended Furman University and the University of Arizona where he earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing in 1976. Pete worked in his father's Ford dealership between 1977–1990. During this time he attended night classes in business and received his MBA from Winthrop University in 1980.
In 1990 he enrolled in the University of South Carolina School of Law where he earned a Juris Doctor Degree in 1994. In law school, Pete was a Julius B. Ness Scholarship recipient and was elected President of the Student Chapter of the S.C. Trial Lawyers Association.
Following law school, he served as a clerk to Rodney A. Peeples, Resident Circuit Court Judge of the Second Judicial Circuit. Peter began private practice in 1996 and joined the firm of Hearn & Hearn in the Conway, South Carolina office in 1997. He is a member of the South Carolina Bar, the American Bar Association, the South Carolina Trial Lawyer's Association, and the Association of South Carolina Claimant Attorneys for Workers' Compensation. A formidable trial attorney, he specializes in the areas of wrongful death, personal injury, workers' compensation and products liability.
Areas of Practice:
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Products Liability
- Social Security Disability
- South Carolina, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 1995
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, 1994
Honors: Recipient, Julius B. Ness Scholarship
Honors: President, Student Chapter–S.C. Trial Lawyers Association
- Winthrop University, 1980
- University of Arizona, Arizona, 1976
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- South Carolina Bar
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Trial Lawyer's Association
- Association of South Carolina Claimant Attorneys for Workers' Compensation
Past Employment Positions:
- Rodney A. Peeples, Resident Circuit Court Judge, Second Judicial Circuit, Law Clerk
- 1954, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America